Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Princess room in the making...

If you know me at all you know that I LOVE to decorate!!! Love it! Once we found out we were having a girl I couldn't wait to get started. After having a blue room with a sports theme (which is so cute or cool I should say), I knew I wanted a pink room. I LOVE the vintage look and wanted it to look like a princess room. I looked at a ton of ideas for little girls rooms but never really found what I was picturing. I came up with my own idea. Pink on the top half of the room with stripes on the bottom half, and yes they had to be black stripes too.
I have to say that painting the room pink and grey was THE HARDEST part EVER!!! I did it all by myself in ONE day. Well I needed some help reaching parts I was way too short for, my tall hubby helped me with that part. :)

Before..


After..


I am in love with her bedding..



I looked everywhere for a canopy to go over her crib. Couldn't find one anywhere! I found one at Ikea that was blue and white which would not match her room. So My mom, Aidan and me spray painted it black. Aid was such a big helper while we spray painted.


Kadyn LOVED helping us take the flowers apart for her canopy. I have crafty boys!


And yes I even covered her light switch & outlet plate covers, they need a little bling too




I couldn't wait to do her wall decor. Turned out DARLING!!! Thanks Mom for your help with it, I had a blast creating them with you


The finishing touch on this one will be a foot and hand print from our princess!










There are still a couple of things I still need to finish for her room.
A couple of Jewelry boxes to hold all her bracelets, a girl must always have bling!
Her name above the changing table.
Other than that our baby girls room is READY!!! All we need is a baby to go in there! 3 weeks and 4 day until baby girl will be here, March 1st can't come soon enough.
We can't wait for our princess to get here.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

ahhhhhhhhh-mazing!!! I am in awe. I have never seen such a beautiful room. Are you up for hire???

Miss Lisa, Mom,or Nana as my bitty bums call me said...

I LOVE this room !!! You did such a great job honey! she is one luckey girl to have a mommy like you
Im so excited to see her in her new room It looks like you are ready for that bundle of joy to come!
Love you Natalie

Lindsey said...

It is perfect! I seriously need you to come over and help me fix up my girls room. After you have your baby of course. Unless you're nesting and are looking for something to do...

Kip Jensen said...

Nat, That is the cutest room I have ever seen. I love the touches of the fleur de lis!

Nicole said...

Her room is so cute!!! Girls are so much fun good luck cant wait to see pictures!!